The trek around 8156 Manaslu, the world's eight-highest mountain, was of ficially opened to tourists in 1991, but mountaineering expeditions have long had access to the area. In 1950 a party led by Timlan trekked from Thonje to Bimtang, and Colonel Jimmy Roberts crossed the Larkya La looking for an interesting mountain to climb.
These days the region draws a mixture of trekkers and mountaineers. It's not a busy trek buy any means, but it is becoming ever more popular for its range of scenery, cultural variety and its fledgling lodges. As the Annapurna Circuit becomes increasingly affected by road construction you can expect the Manalsu region to rise as challenging alternative.
Tibetan monks inhabit sacred monasteries & combined with the views of Tibetan plateau against stark white Himalayas all proves it as a truly spiritual place. As we continue further, we can visit very old monastery "Sama Gompa" at Sama Gaou, along with close up view of Mt. Manasalu, and our biggest challenge will be crossing Larkya La pass (5214m), here you are rewarded with great mountains views & then we descend from alpine to tropical areas, bursting with ferns, bamboos, pine, waterfalls & aqua-blue green lakes laced with cotton- white beaches.
- Detailed Itinerary
- Cost Info
- Trip Fact
Day 01Arrival in Kathmandu International Airport. Welcome by our representative and transfer to Hotel.
Day 02 Drive to Arughat Overnight stays in the hotel.
Day 03 Trek to Soti Khola 530 m. The trail is nice along the riverside.
Day 04 Trek Sotikhola to Machhikhola 890m.
Day 05 Trek to Jagat 1350 m.
Day 06 Trek Jagat to Philim 1700 m.
Day 07 Trek philim to Deng 2095 m.
Day 08 Trek Deng to Namru 2900m.
Day 09 Trek Namru to Lhogaon
Day 10 Trek Lhogaon to Samagaon 3450m.
Day 11 Rest Day at Samagaon for acclimatization.
Day 12 Trek Samagaon to Samdo 3900 m.
Day 13 Trek Samdo to Larkya La phedi 4400m.
Day 14 Trek larkya La Phedi – Larkya La pass 5135m. – Bhimdakothi 3350m.
Day 15 Trek Bhimdakothi to Tilje.
Day 16 Trek Tilje to Jagat 1800 m.
Day 17 Trek Jagat to Ngadi. 850m.
Day 18 Trek Nagdi to Beshisahar.
Day 19 Drive back to Kathmandu by the public Bus.
Day 20 Transfer to Airport for your onward journey.
- Pick up and transfer by private car as per the programme
- 2 nights accommodation in Kathmandu (twin sharing room, Bed and breakfast only)
- Meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) with Tea & coffee during the trek
- 17 nights twin sharing accommodation at Guest houses during the trek
- 1 highly experienced, helpful and friendly Guide, porters (1 porter between 2 trekkers), their food, accommodation, salary, equipments, insurance (We have insured our staffs by Neco Insurance Company Nepal)
- National Park and TIMS permit.
- Government taxes
- Office service charge
- Any meals in Kathmandu other than breakfast
- Travel insurance (if you want us to arrange your travel insurance, we would greatly be happy to assist for the trekkers who are age of under 65). For further details regarding insurance policy, please contact us
- International airfare to and from Nepal (please email at reservation to get a quote)
- Nepal entry visa fee US$ 30 (duration 60 days from date of issue)- you may easily issue the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport - Kathmandu
- Items of a personal nature
- Any kind of alcoholic drinks, hot water, hot shower, cold drinks, laundry, phone call, internet.
- Tips for guide, porters, driver.
Trip Duration : 20 Days
Grading : Moderate to Strenuous
Activity : Trekking
Max. Altitude : Larkya La pass 5135m (4210m.)
Group Size : 01 - 14 pax
Warning: Division by zero in /home/nepalhik/public_html/functions.php on line 1249