Gosainkund trek climb more steeply through farmland and above the tree line up an alpine ridge that offers a huge Himalaya panorama, to reach rocky bowl studded with sacred high-altitude lakes, from Gosainkund you can continue over the high Laurebina La and way back to the Kathmandu Valley, offering a satisfying sense of Journey.
You can vary the trek to Langtang by returning to Kathmandu via the holy lakes of Gosainkund, which also makes a worthwhile seven-or eight-day trek in is own right. You could even make a short return trek from Dhunche direct to Gosainkund, althought the trail is quite steep. From Tharepati you can continue through Helambu to Kathmandu along one of three routes. The best way trek to Gosainkund is to visit Langtang first, swing south to Thulo Syabru and begin the hike to Gosainkund, This has the advantage of allowing you to acclimatize before you reach the higher elevations of Gosainkund.
Up to 20,000 Hindu pilgrims come to bathe in the Gosainkund lakes during the august full-moon festival of Jani Purnima. The lake is also sacred to Buddhists, who have lined the shore with hundred of cairns...
- Detailed Itinerary
- Cost Info
- Trip Fact
Day 01 Arrive in Kathmandu International Airport. Welcome by our representatives and transfer to Hotel.
Day 02 Drive from Kathmandu to Dhunche(1660m) North of Kathmandu.You may drive destination to by either local bus or land cruiser(private vehicle ) via Trishuli River which takes approximately seven hours .
Day 03 Trek from Dhunche to Shin Gumpa (3330m), this takes approximately five hours.
Day 04 Trek from Shin Gumpa to Lauribinayak (3910m) This takes approximately five hours.
Day 05 Trek from Lauribinayak to Goshainkunda (4380m) This takes approximately five hours.
Day 06 Trek from Gosainkunda to Ghopte(3430m) via Laurebina pass(4610m) This takes approximately six hours.
Day 07 Trek form Ghopte to Kutumsang (2446m.) 6-7 hours (2600m) via Thadepati Bhanjyang This takes approximately seven hours.
Day 08 Trek from Kutumsang to Chisapani and Drive to Kathmandu by bus or private vehicles and transfer to hotel.
Day 09 Full Day sightseeing in Kathmandu valley (DurbarSquare, Swoyambhunath, Boudhanath & Pashupatinath) and Nepalese cultural program with farewell dinner in the evening.
Day 10 Final departure your country.
- Pick up and transfer by private car as per the programme
- 3 nights accommodation in Kathmandu (twin sharing room, Bed and breakfast only)
- Meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) with Tea & coffee during the trek
- 6 nights twin sharing accommodation at Guest houses during the trek
- 1 highly experienced, helpful and friendly Guide, porters (1 porter between 2 trekkers), their food, accommodation, salary, equipments, insurance (We have insured our staffs by Neco Insurance Company Nepal)
- National Park and TIMS permit.
- Government taxes
- Office service charge
- Any meals in Kathmandu other than breakfast
- Travel insurance (if you want us to arrange your travel insurance, we would greatly be happy to assist for the trekkers who are age of under 65). For further details regarding insurance policy, please contact us
- International airfare to and from Nepal (please email at reservation to get a quote)
- Nepal entry visa fee US$ 30 (duration 60 days from date of issue)- you may easily issue the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport - Kathmandu
- Items of a personal nature
- Any kind of alcoholic drinks, hot water, hot shower, cold drinks, laundry, phone call, internet.
- Tips for guide, porters, driver.
Trip Duration : 10 Days
Grading : Moderate to Strenuous
Activity : Trekking
Max. Altitude :Gosainkunda (4610)
Group Size : 01 - 14 pax
Warning: Division by zero in /home/nepalhik/public_html/functions.php on line 1249