Everest View Trek
There is a powerful mystique surrounding the trek to the foot of Mt Everest. By following this route, you will be following in the footsteps of great mountaineers like Rein hold Messer, Edmund Hillary and Tenzing Norgay. As you climb through the foothills of the world's highest mountain, the terrain soars on all side like jagged shards of glass. The trails are steep and the altitude hangs on your muscles like a diving belt, but the sense of achievement at the end of the trek is quite profound.
However, this is not a mountaineering expedition or a wilderness survival experience. There are trekking lodges every few hundred meters along the trails and tens of thousands of trekking storm the trails eery year. Competition for accommodation can be fierce, particularly during the peak trekking season from October to November and March to May.
- Detailed Itinerary
- Cost Info
- Trip Fact
Day 01 Arrive in Kathmandu International Airport. Welcome by our representatives and transfer to Hotel.
Day 02 Fly from Kathmandu to Lukla (2886m.) takes about 35 minutes. Trek from Lukla to Phakding (2640 m.) takes approximately three hours.
Day 03 Trek from Phakding to Namche Bazaar (3440m.) takes approximately five hours. Namche Bazaar (3440m) is surrounded on three sides by mountain ranges and opens out only where it faces the Bhote Koshi. Stay overnight at lodge.
Day 04 A day for rest at Namche Bazaar (3440m.) for acclimatization. It is an ideal place to spend a rest day for acclimatization to the high altitude before heading off towards Tyangboche. For acclimatization you walk up to Khhumjung where you can visit a monastery. You can also enjoy the splendid views of Everest, Ama Dablam, Thamserku, Nuptse, Lhotse, Tawche, and Kwangde and so on. You may also take an hour's walk up to Syangboche (3800m.) where Everest View Hotel is situated above Namche for an outstanding view of Everest, Nuptse, Lhotse, Ama Dablam, Thamserku and Kusum Kangaru. Stay overnight at lodge.
Day 05 Trek Namche Bazzar to Tyangboche 3867 m. The first part is flat and down to the river and then climb up to the Tyangboche . Tyangboche Monastery is very popular among the Everest climber where they get the bless from by the Head Monk of the Monastery for good luck and good wish.
Day 06 Trek back to Monju passing Namche Bazzar.
Day 07 Trek Monju to Lukla
Day 08 Fly Back to Kathmandu. Overnight stay in the Hotel.
Day 09 Transfer to Airport for your onward journey.
- Pick up and transfer by private car as per the programme
- 2 nights accommodation in Kathmandu (twin sharing room, Bed and breakfast only)
- Meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) with Tea & coffee during the trek
- 7 nights twin sharing accommodation at Guest houses during the trek
- 1 highly experienced, helpful and friendly Guide, porters (1 porter between 2 trekkers), their food, accommodation, salary, equipments, insurance (We have insured our staffs by Neco Insurance Company Nepal)
- Domestic flight from Kathmandu to Lukla and back with airport taxes
- National Park and TIMS permit.
- Government taxes
- Office service charge
- Any meals in Kathmandu other than breakfast
- Travel insurance (if you want us to arrange your travel insurance, we would greatly be happy to assist for the trekkers who are age of under 65). For further details regarding insurance policy, please contact us
- International airfare to and from Nepal (please email at reservation to get a quote)
- Nepal entry visa fee US$ 30 (duration 60 days from date of issue)- you may easily issue the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport - Kathmandu
- Items of a personal nature
- Any kind of alcoholic drinks, hot water, hot shower, cold drinks, laundry, phone call, internet.
- Tips for guide, porters, driver.
Trip Duration : 9 Days
Grading : Moderate to Strenuous
Activity : Trekking
Max. Altitude : Tyangboche (3867m.)
Group Size : 01 - 14 pax