Buddhist Pilgrimage Tour
Lumbinī is a Buddhist pilgrimage site in the Rupandehi district of Nepal. It is the place where Queen Mayadevi gave birth to Siddhartha Gautama, who as the Buddha Gautama founded the Buddhist tradition. The Buddha lived between roughly 563 and 483 BCE. Lumbini is one of four magnets for pilgrimage that sprang up in places pivotal to the life of the Buddha, the others being at Kushinagar, Bodh Gaya, and Sarnath.
Lumbini has a number of temples, including the Mayadevi temple, and others under construction. Also here is the Puskarini or Holy Pond - where the Buddha's mother took the ritual dip prior to his birth and where he, too, had his first bath - as well as the remains of Kapilvastu palace. At other sites near Lumbini, earlier Buddhas were, according to tradition, born, achieved ultimate awakening and finally relinquished earthly form.
Buddha was born some 2500 years ago in Lumbini in the southern Nepal.Lumbini is the greatest pilgrimmage site for all the Buddhists from all over the world.Lumbini today houses the pond where Buddha was bathed after he was born and a temple which has images of young Buddha with his mother.There is also a Stone pillar which is one of such many pillars put by the famous Indian emperor Ashoka to mark the important sites related to Buddha's life.In an excavation made few years ago more objets of historical importance were discovered whichare in display for all. Besides there are many stupas in Lumbini made by many Buddhist countries of the world—Thailand, China , Sri Lanka, Japan and Myanmar.
There are Buddhists all over Nepal and hence Buddhist monuments are all over Nepal.In Kathmandu valley we have 2000 years old impressive stupa of Swoyambhunath and world's biggest stupa at Bouddhanath.The Bouddhanath stupa is 1500 years old and is more popular among the many Tibetan refugees living in Kathmandu .Inside the Kathmandu valley the city of Patan is dominantly Buddhists and has places like Mahabouddha Temple and Hiranya Varna Mahavihar to show you.On the outskirt of Kathmandu in the hill is the stupa of Namobuddha, small but old, active and highly revered.
- Detailed Itinerary
- Cost Info
- Trip Fact
Day 01 Arrival in Kathmandu International Airport. Welcome by our representatives and transfer to Hotel.
Day 02 After breakfast in the Hotel start the tour of Kathmandu Durbar Square, Swayambhunath Stupa, Boudhanath Stupa & Patan Durbar square. In Patan we have show you Hiranya Varna Mahavihar, Mahabouddha temple and other Buddhist sites. Overnight stay in the Hotel in Kathmandu.
Day 03 Visit Bouddhanath stupa and stay overnight in Dhulikhel.
Day 04 Hike or drive to Namobuddha stupa, overnight in Kathmandu hotel.
Day 05 Fly to Lumbini, Buddha's birthplace.Visit Lumbini garden, Mayadevi temple, and other archeological sites.
Day 06 Drive to Pokhara, overnight in hotel in Pokhara
Day 07 Relax and enjoy the serenity of beautiful lake city of Pokhara.Visit Sarangkot mountain view point in the morning, boating in the lake in the afternoon and enjoy little hike to World Peace Stupa.
Day 08 Fly to Kathmandu. Free time for walking around and shopping, especially Buddhist religious objects of Nepal and Tibet.
Day 09 Fly back to onward journey.
- All Required ground Transfer in the Private Car / Van.
- Domestic flight from Kathmandu to Bhairahawa & Pokhara to Kathmandu with airport taxes
- English Speaking Guide for Tour. [ Guides with other language on request ]
- Accommodation Kathmandu / Dhulikhel/ Lumbini/Pokhara
- Government Tax and Other charges.
- Other assistance.
- Expenses of Personal nature and Travel Insurance.
- Meals except Breakfast. allow USD 10 - 20 per day.Entrance Fees to the Monuments / Temples / Shrines during tour.
- Others not mentioned in inclusion above.
- Tips for Guide which is not mandatory but expected.
- Nepal entry visa fee US$ 30 (duration 60 days from date of issue)- you may easily issue the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport - Kathmandu
- Alternative transportation in case of heavy rain, landslide, strike road blocked etc.
- Emergency flight by helicopter
Trip Duration: 10 Days
Grading: Moderate to Strenuous
Group Size: 01 - 14 pax